Skip to main content

These anti-Trump protests are UNNECESSARY

And this is coming from someone who voted for Hillary Clinton.

The election is over. Done. Finished.

Donald Trump will be the 45th president of the United States, whether these protesters like it or not.

It's time we move on and end this bitter diviseness that has greatly fractured our country. While people have a right to feel dissatisfied with the outcome, holding protests does nothing to unify us as a country.

When Obama was elected in 2008, I don't remember seeing people marching on the streets, destroying property, and burning Obama in effigy.

We should be aiming to heal the wounds that this election has left, not aggravating them.

As long as the media pressing on with its reporting of these mass demonstrations, people's attention will continue to be diverted from the issues that really count -- the economy and terrorism among them.

President Obama and Hillary Clinton struck
a conciliatory tone in their speeches yesterday, with the former saying that we're all part of the same team.

I understand these protesters are exercising their right to free speech, but it's only been a day since Trump was declared the president-elect.

As Clinton noted, we owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.

Now that the Republicans are in control of Congress and the presidency, it's on them to implement changes that will improve the lot of struggling Americans. If they fail to do so, they may end up losing their grip on both houses in the midterm elections.

That's what makes living in a democratic society so wonderful: If we're unhappy with the state of the country, we the people oust the incumbent party from power. It happened in 2000, 2008, and now again in 2016.

Will the 70-year-old Trump get two terms in office? That remains to be seen. Until then, we should at least give Trump the chance to "make America great again."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women vs. Men: Who likes to backstab more?

Whether it's on TV or in the workplace, the general consensus seems to be that women gossip, backstab, and stir up more conflict than men do. But, as with every other topic, I thought it only fair to put this so-called stereotype under the microscope. If you watch reality shows like Celebrity Apprentice, you'll notice it's the women who spend far more time bickering. While the men do at times become embroiled in tit for tat, it's the women who are portrayed as meaner and more hostile. In the workplace, I have noticed that women seem to gossip far more than their male counterparts. I haven't really seen any cases where a person blatantly backstabs the other, but I have caught both men and women in little white lies. If it is true that women are generally more into backstabbing and gossiping than men, why is this the case? I believe that it isn't fair to make a blanket statement like "all women play these games while all men keep to themselves and pre...

Do you have Isolophilia? Find out...

You're probably asking yourself, "What in the world does Isolophilia mean?" It sounds like it would be something negative, doesn't it?  After all, words that end in "philia" (e.g., pedophilia) tend to involve things we want nothing to do with. But Isolophilia isn't something all people deplore. In fact, introverts like me welcome it. Put simply, Isolophilia is defined as having a strong affinity for solitude. It describes a person who relishes being alone. While extroverts can only take so much solitude, we introverts find that it rejuvenates us. In order to recharge our batteries, we need to retreat to a quiet environment where we we're left alone to rest and/or gather our thoughts. Extroverts, on the other hand, become bored and drained when they're alone for a lengthy period of time. Social interaction is the fuel that drives them. So while an extrovert would probably do anything to avoid feelings of Isolophilia in most cases, an...

Men prefer to marry brunettes

Study after study shows that men prefer blondes as girlfriends or mistresses and brunettes as wives . It seems many men see brunettes as more trustworthy and loyal. What's more, even though participants claimed that blondes are better in bed, they feel brunettes are better kissers and more affectionate than blondes. I find these results to be rather interesting. In my high school and early college days, I actually had a preference for blondes myself -- that is, until I hooked up with my now-wife. From that point on, I deemed brunettes as more attractive and marriage material, probably because they reminded me of and more closely resembled her. I think we can blame Hollywood, shows like Baywatch, and Playboy for painting blondes as wild, big chested, promiscuous and loose. (Yes, I know that there are brunettes in Playboy, but they seem to be in the minority.) When someone tells a man to think of an attractive blonde, who do you think likely crosses his mind? More likely than...