Skip to main content

THIS is what makes a beautiful person

A beautiful person doesn't need to have great hair, gorgeous eyes, or a ravishing body.

A beautiful person isn't necessarily the smartest or most self-confident of the bunch.

While these attributes certainly enhance the overall appeal of a person, they don't make him or her beautiful.

What truly makes someone beautiful is their inside. Beauty is only skin deep.

I know there has to be some level of physical attraction, but society makes it out to be far more important than it should be.

When you meet someone, ask yourself these questions:

  • Do I see myself being with this person for the rest of my life? 
  • Do I see myself remaining with this person even in our later years, when his or her good looks begin to fade?  (Remember, yours will too.)
If you truly prioritize finding someone with a great heart above all else, the answers to the above questions should be no-brainers.

A beautiful person puts others before oneself, remains positive under even the most trying circumstances, and brings out the best in his or her partner.

Some people -- mostly men -- believe that beauty should comprise looks as well as one's personality and character. 

Again, while physical attraction plays a role in the courting process, it should be a small role at that. Looks should never be the basis for why we get into a relationship. If that's your primary reason for hooking up with someone, you're just not ready for a serious, long-term relationship. Beauty should be about something a lot deeper than that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women vs. Men: Who likes to backstab more?

Whether it's on TV or in the workplace, the general consensus seems to be that women gossip, backstab, and stir up more conflict than men do. But, as with every other topic, I thought it only fair to put this so-called stereotype under the microscope. If you watch reality shows like Celebrity Apprentice, you'll notice it's the women who spend far more time bickering. While the men do at times become embroiled in tit for tat, it's the women who are portrayed as meaner and more hostile. In the workplace, I have noticed that women seem to gossip far more than their male counterparts. I haven't really seen any cases where a person blatantly backstabs the other, but I have caught both men and women in little white lies. If it is true that women are generally more into backstabbing and gossiping than men, why is this the case? I believe that it isn't fair to make a blanket statement like "all women play these games while all men keep to themselves and pre...

Do you have Isolophilia? Find out...

You're probably asking yourself, "What in the world does Isolophilia mean?" It sounds like it would be something negative, doesn't it?  After all, words that end in "philia" (e.g., pedophilia) tend to involve things we want nothing to do with. But Isolophilia isn't something all people deplore. In fact, introverts like me welcome it. Put simply, Isolophilia is defined as having a strong affinity for solitude. It describes a person who relishes being alone. While extroverts can only take so much solitude, we introverts find that it rejuvenates us. In order to recharge our batteries, we need to retreat to a quiet environment where we we're left alone to rest and/or gather our thoughts. Extroverts, on the other hand, become bored and drained when they're alone for a lengthy period of time. Social interaction is the fuel that drives them. So while an extrovert would probably do anything to avoid feelings of Isolophilia in most cases, an...

Men prefer to marry brunettes

Study after study shows that men prefer blondes as girlfriends or mistresses and brunettes as wives . It seems many men see brunettes as more trustworthy and loyal. What's more, even though participants claimed that blondes are better in bed, they feel brunettes are better kissers and more affectionate than blondes. I find these results to be rather interesting. In my high school and early college days, I actually had a preference for blondes myself -- that is, until I hooked up with my now-wife. From that point on, I deemed brunettes as more attractive and marriage material, probably because they reminded me of and more closely resembled her. I think we can blame Hollywood, shows like Baywatch, and Playboy for painting blondes as wild, big chested, promiscuous and loose. (Yes, I know that there are brunettes in Playboy, but they seem to be in the minority.) When someone tells a man to think of an attractive blonde, who do you think likely crosses his mind? More likely than...