Skip to main content

Welcome to Relationship Advice and Relationship Tips

Welcome to my new blog -- Relationship Advice and Relationship Tips!

My name is Jeff Martinez and I'm excited about the opportunity to share with you my insights into the fascinating world of relationship psychology. I graduated with a degree in psychology and have always been ferociously passionate about the human mind. To me, there's nothing quite as fascinating as studying how we think -- why we gravitate toward certain people and not others, how our personalities dictate how we react to situations, why our behavior changes based on context and myriad other factors, and so on.

As you'll note from the title of the blog, I aim to make this site a rich repository of content that focuses primarily on useful relationship tips and relationship advice. When I say relationships, I'm referring to: 
  • Relationships with your partner or spouse
  • Relationships with your co-workers
  • Relationships with your friends
  • Relationships with acquaintances
  • Your relationship with yourself
If you love psychology (as I do!), you'll find this blog to be a welcome treat, as I will touch upon a wide spectrum of subjects that delve into human behavior. For example, I will shed light on:
  • The ways perception trumps reality in life
  • The notion of a self-concept and why it's important
  • Reasons why other people lie, cheat, and exhibit jealousy toward us
  • Whether money and material possessions truly bring more happiness
  • The ups and downs in marriages and relationships -- and how to navigate them
  • Why better looking generally have it better in life
As you can see, these are compelling subjects all of take a great interest in since we can relate to them. My hope is that you will take away something from my blog that you can apply to your own life. 

Again, welcome to Relationship Advice, Relationship Counseling, Relationship Tips. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women vs. Men: Who likes to backstab more?

Whether it's on TV or in the workplace, the general consensus seems to be that women gossip, backstab, and stir up more conflict than men do. But, as with every other topic, I thought it only fair to put this so-called stereotype under the microscope. If you watch reality shows like Celebrity Apprentice, you'll notice it's the women who spend far more time bickering. While the men do at times become embroiled in tit for tat, it's the women who are portrayed as meaner and more hostile. In the workplace, I have noticed that women seem to gossip far more than their male counterparts. I haven't really seen any cases where a person blatantly backstabs the other, but I have caught both men and women in little white lies. If it is true that women are generally more into backstabbing and gossiping than men, why is this the case? I believe that it isn't fair to make a blanket statement like "all women play these games while all men keep to themselves and pre...

Do you have Isolophilia? Find out...

You're probably asking yourself, "What in the world does Isolophilia mean?" It sounds like it would be something negative, doesn't it?  After all, words that end in "philia" (e.g., pedophilia) tend to involve things we want nothing to do with. But Isolophilia isn't something all people deplore. In fact, introverts like me welcome it. Put simply, Isolophilia is defined as having a strong affinity for solitude. It describes a person who relishes being alone. While extroverts can only take so much solitude, we introverts find that it rejuvenates us. In order to recharge our batteries, we need to retreat to a quiet environment where we we're left alone to rest and/or gather our thoughts. Extroverts, on the other hand, become bored and drained when they're alone for a lengthy period of time. Social interaction is the fuel that drives them. So while an extrovert would probably do anything to avoid feelings of Isolophilia in most cases, an...

Men prefer to marry brunettes

Study after study shows that men prefer blondes as girlfriends or mistresses and brunettes as wives . It seems many men see brunettes as more trustworthy and loyal. What's more, even though participants claimed that blondes are better in bed, they feel brunettes are better kissers and more affectionate than blondes. I find these results to be rather interesting. In my high school and early college days, I actually had a preference for blondes myself -- that is, until I hooked up with my now-wife. From that point on, I deemed brunettes as more attractive and marriage material, probably because they reminded me of and more closely resembled her. I think we can blame Hollywood, shows like Baywatch, and Playboy for painting blondes as wild, big chested, promiscuous and loose. (Yes, I know that there are brunettes in Playboy, but they seem to be in the minority.) When someone tells a man to think of an attractive blonde, who do you think likely crosses his mind? More likely than...