- you find him really, really attractive
- you're single and craving some companionship
- you desperately need the job
- you figure that a little rough-and-tumble in bed can only open up promotion opportunities
Your first reaction is probably, "That's preposterous. No woman with a healthy level of self-respect would ever do that."
But let's be real. In the heat of the moment, anything can happen. Loneliness can leave us feeling vulnerable. And when a person you find very attractive comes on you, it isn't always to resist his or her advances.
However, sleeping with your boss can open a can of worms when:
- one of you presses the other for something more serious
- the sex results in an unwanted pregnancy
- you decide you want to leave the company, much to your boss's chagrin, or vice-versa
- the boss treats you differently if you're not putting out
If I found myself in this situation, I would do my best to muster enough willpower to pass. A night of good sex just isn't worth all the headaches that may ensue. The only way I'd probably give in is if I know -- without a shadow of a doubt -- that I'll be leaving the company shortly thereafter. But if I have yet to secure a job offer in writing, I wouldn't do it lest the boss decides to paint an unflattering picture of me when contacted by companies I've applied to.
The prospect of sleeping with a hot supervisor can lead to one of the biggest adrenaline rushes -- not to mention ego boosts -- a person can have. Still, it's a slippery slope that I would want to avoid.
What would you do in the situation presented above?
For other compelling posts, be sure to click here: How to Understand People
Among my most popular, talked-about entries are: