How did the Kardashians become so famous?

Every other post on my News Feed these days is about one of the Kardashians getting naked or causing some other form of mischief.

What I cannot grasp is: How in the world did these women ever become so famous?

Every conversation about the Kardashians has to begin with the notorious Kim.

All I know is that she first gained media attention as a friend and stylist of Paris Hilton, yet another celebrity whose stardom has mystified me. Oh, yeah, and her sex tape with ex boyfriend Ray J was leaked in 2007.

She was the highest-paid reality television celebrity of 2015, with earnings exceeding $53 million. What's more, she has tens of millions of followers on Instagram and Twitter.

I've never watched the Kardashians' reality television show, nor do I plan to -- ever. Honestly, I have much bigger fish to try.

I guess Kim Kardashian and her sisters are just a few of the many celebrities out there who become famous for all the wrong reasons.

I don't begrudge her the success she's achieved, but it doesn't mean I have to admire her. I do admire celebrities who come from humble beginnings, those who donate to charities and champion animal welfare, and ones who have the decency to keep their clothes on.

I think the Kardashians should think a little more carefully about the example they're setting for younger women. I figured that once she got married and had kids, she would change her ways. Alas, that hasn't happened.

It won't be long before I unfollow pages on Facebook that go on these Kim K posting binges.

What are your thoughts on Kim Kardashian?

No comments: