Are you a sapiosexual?

You're probably wondering, "What in the world is a sapiosexual?"

I'm glad you asked.

A sapiosexual is a person who is sexually attracted to intelligence in others.

The brain is in fact the largest sex organ, and those who admit to being sapiosexual will say that they're turned on by the brain and tend to get excited by the insights of another person.

Thus, some people get aroused by more than just good looks, self-confidence, touching, and kissing. They get turned on by intellectual discussions.

And it's been proven that smarter people tend to have higher sex drives.

For example, in one study, scientists tested the sperm of 400 men. The men who scored the highest on cognitive tests had the healthiest sperm. Thus, these researchers believe that brain quality is directly tied to sperm quality and is thus a genetic trait that can be passed down generations.

In sum, sapiosexuals put a premium on brainpower, not eye candy.

Given my lifelong affinity for smarts in the opposite sex, there's no doubt in my mind that I'm a sapiosexual. Though my wife isn't as bookish as I am, her intelligence was a weighty factor in my decision to pursue a relationship with her. As a teacher, she imparts her knowledge to hundreds of intellectually curious students; at home, she sometimes gives me quite a butt-kicking at Jeopardy!

Are you a sapiosexual? Do you know anyone who is?  Do you find it odd that people can be sexually attracted to brains?  Had you even heard of the term before?

No comments: