SHOCKING: Lots of sex taking place at Olympic Village

I'll start off by saying I'm not big on the Olympics. I may watch a race or swim occasionally, but I'm no fan of the Games by any means.

That said, what I read on Ranker.com and other websites might not come as a shock to people who have followed the goings-on at the Games for many years, but it certainly left me dumbfounded.

It turns out that the Olympic Village -- an accommodations center built for the Olympic games -- is a hotbed of partying and sex. Over the years, various Olympians have said that participants across the board -- from swimmers and gymnasts to beach volleyball players and track athletes -- are getting it on at the Games. (Per reports, Team USA in particular is known for going for the gold in the bedroom.)

By some estimates, over 150,000 condoms are distributed at each of the Games.

Now that I think about it, the fact so many of these Olympians are sleeping around really shouldn't be all that surprising. After all, the Olympic Village is full of attractive people with great bodies. When your adrenaline is pumping (partly because of the pressure to win) and your hormones are raging, it can make for a pretty potent combination.

I only hope that the ones hooking up don't have partners waiting for them at home. If that's the case, it's likely that the latter will never find out, for what happens at the Olympics probably stays at the Olympics.

You're probably wondering the same thing I was: Don't the coaches and officials enforce any rules at the Village? My guess is that they do, but the Olympians have found a way around them.

I also wonder whether there have been any cases of female Olympians getting pregnant at the Village. I wouldn't be surprised if that were so; my guess is that such stories have simply flown under the media's radar.

Did you have any idea that sex abounds at the Olympic Village? Does it surprise you or not?

No comments: