The best way to spend Sundays is...

I'm not ashamed to say this, but I've always made the effort to do the least possible on Sundays. To me, the perfect Sunday involves lounging on the couch all day with a good book in hand.

I reserve Friday nights and Saturdays for errands, outings with my wife and friends, and visits to family members. By the time Sunday rolls around, I'm dead beat.

I need to have one day prior to the start of the next work week where I do virtually nothing. It's the only way I can really feel relaxed and energized Monday morning. The most I do Sundays is write, read, watch TV, and make a quick stop to grab lunch or dinner. Yes, it gives new meaning to the phrase "lazy Sunday."

I've noticed that anytime I have to attend a family gathering or run an unexpected errand on a Sunday, I find myself more tired the next day. Not only is it more difficult to wake up, but I'm even less productive at work.

I do my best to decelerate the tempo on Sundays. Every other day of the week sees so much hustle and bustle that I seldom get the chance to sit down and catch my breath. By engrossing myself in slow-paced activities like writing and reading, the day goes by more slowly.

After working 40 or more hours per week, two days off seems scant by most people's standards. I know that whenever it is my wife and I decide to have kids, I'll have no choice but to do away with lazy Sundays. Until then, I'll endeavor to get as much r&r as possible.

How do you spend your Sundays?

Please be sure to read, comment on, and reshare these latest posts:

Never settle for a sexless marriage (HOT!)

Good men aren't thinking of sex, but THIS... (HOT!)

Stay away from gossip (HOT!)

Do what makes YOU happy (HOT!)

Focus on these people for a better life... (HOT!)

No comments: