Never settle for a sexless marriage

Unless you're both very old, or a medical condition precludes you or your partner from being intimate, there's no excuse for a sexless marriage.

Once you take sex out of the equation, you're essentially reduced to platonic friends or roommates.

You can try come up with every excuse in the book for why you and your partner aren't having sex. You're tired. There's no privacy with the kids around. One of you travels a lot. You're not on the same page libido-wise. And the list goes on.

Those are just that -- excuses. If both of you want it enough, you can find the time and place for it.

I know that I couldn't be in a sex-deprived marriage, though I would end the marriage before venturing outside of it for sex.

I have too high of a sex drive to subject myself to such torture.

When you marry a person, you vow to please him or her to the fullest extent possible. That includes keeping each sexually fulfilled.

I understand that couples may argue because one person wants it more frequently than the other. That's a different topic altogether, though. I'm talking about couples who go months -- if not years -- without any sexual contact.

I think anyone who's forced to endure such treatment has every right to end the marriage and find someone who will please him or her sexually.

After all, life is short, and sex is one of the most pleasurable things one can experience in life. Why settle for someone who is depriving you of the intimacy all human beings naturally crave?

1 comment:

Priscilla King said...

I think the one who's been uninterested for those months or years is the one with the medical problem. I can see where it might be an improvement to recognize bigamy in these cases; plenty of middle-aged men have found sexier women who were willing to share these men's company with the poor old sick first wives. I can also see potential problems with that idea. On the whole I think the sex-starved partner is better off to take his/her problems into his/her own hands--yes, literally--and try to help the less healthy partner work through her/his problems.