The BEST feeling you can have in a relationship

Want to know what's the best feeling you can have in a relationship?

It isn't the feeling of kissing your special someone for the first time, though that occasion is special in its own right.

It isn't the first time the two of you have sex, as unforgettable and out of this world it can be.

It isn't the feeling of knowing you've found your other half -- someone you can confide in and look forward to spending the rest of your life with.

At this point, you're probably asking, "What's left, dude? You've literally mentioned everything!"

Not so fast.

The best feeling you can have in a relationship is recognizing that your special someone values everything that someone else took for granted.

It's my sincere hope that most of you haven't been in a situation where a person has taken advantage of your love, affection, and kindness.

I experienced that twice before hooking up with my now-wife.

I professed my love for two girls on separate occasions. It became apparent over time that neither held feelings nearly as deep. And what vexed me the most was that neither of them came out and said so. They simply strung me along until I grew tired of their aloofness and inability to commit.

After these ill-fated relationships, I questioned whether there was really a girl out there who could cherish my heart, not simply trample on it. I began to doubt whether I could ever love again, as the last thing I wanted was another girl to toy with my emotions. Thankfully, my wife came into my life and proved that one person's trash is another's treasure. We love each other more than words can say, and unlike the other two girls, she's always backed up her words with her actions.

There's nothing like showing the world -- and that includes any unappreciative ex boyfriends or girlfriends -- that you've found your ideal match. The person whom loves you for you and doesn't want you to change a single thing about yourself. The person who notices and is grateful for every little thing you do, from complimenting her hair to surprising him with tickets to the ballgame.

Finding the right person isn't easy. It took me years of going through a few bad eggs before landing the woman of my dreams. If you're still out there looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right, don't despair. You'll find your special someone before you know it. Just be wary of those who don't appreciate all you do for them. Don't carry on in the belief that they'll eventually change, because they usually don't.

Best of luck navigating those relationship waters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Understanding is not only a gift to others, but also a gift to oneself. Through understanding one begins to be free from judgment which can become the seeds of deep peace.. bellofpeace//gede prama

Bella Krinkle said...

Understanding one's self brings deep peace and consciousness, which enables the ability to become non judgemental of one's self and others as well.

Bella Krinkle said...

Understanding one's self brings deep peace and consciousness, which enables the ability to become non judgemental of one's self and others as well.